It’s the time of the year again when new books are demanded for by the new batch of students. So here is this post for you guys updated for this very currentyear. Please do share a lot. Ladies and gentlemen, here is a roundup of the Best Books for JEE Preparation that you can use to get the edge over your competitors. Note that the combination of these books is complete and you just need to study/practice them. You need no other book or study material for your preparation.
So, anyways I am here, you are here, this article is here. Gosh! If we are all here, why aren’t we talking? Let’s start off (Take a breather before i fire away…. you will need it)
Continue reading Books for JEE Preparation
As you might have noticed, I start off my articles with a short incident or something. Well, it is just to inspire you all to work hard and utilize your time well. Many people lack a guiding light, and i believe that the incidents i retell will serve as a great Beacon of Light for you. Continue reading FAQ’s on Time Management
An interesting comment I found here on Prepsera and this is something I think should have come to me as well. It is a pretty essential question and a dilemma faced by a lot many kids who are preparing for competitive exams. So, if I were you, this is what I would do…
Continue reading Regular study for school or just a sprint before the exam?
If I am to be extremely concise and clear, not at all.
R D Sharma focuses mainly on the board level question which, while might work well during your boards/easy questions, however do not provide you with the depth or the analytic skills needed while solving JEE Mathematics questions.
Continue reading Is RD Sharma sufficient for Maths preparation of JEE Advanced?
It sure is a mixed bag of feelings.
But the first thing you feel is … that you are tired. I felt as if two years of my focussed hard work had culminated that day when i gave the paper. All i wanted to do then was rest, as if i had covered a long distance with no break. And that was what it was too.
I chilled out a lot as soon as i came home and slept without meaning too. The 6 hours of the actual JEE paper drain you more than the All India Test Series (and even the AITS papers drain much more than normal studies do).
But, after you have given the paper, you begin to feel what marks you are expected to get, and what rank. I was pretty happy, thought i had a good rank with me. But, I never believed in it. Always expect the least, to be happiest. So…that was that.
I never checked my marks through the answer key. I never cared.
I enjoyed with family, started pursuing new hobbies…something my jee prep had not allowed me to do.
And then you realize, JEE is just a paper… but the journey was fun.
This is another great article by Harish which tackles the ever present problem of how to manage online examinations. It is indeed a problem writing on a computer.
I have already written as to why it is bad to put a computer based exam here
Harish’s answer to How bad is the decision of conducting the IIT JEE Advanced 2018 online and introducing short answers instead of multiple choice?
Tips to make yourself comfortable for Jee Advanced (If at all you are very much confident of cracking Jee)
• Write Jee Mains online.(This is will be really helpful if you are focusing on Jee advanced,but be careful if you mess up Mains like I have done then it maybe a problem).
• Try to write BITSAT exam before the advanced exam.(Disadvantage-Writing after the Advanced helps you to actually decide whether you really want to write the exam Seriously and you can carry on preparing for the same.).
• Enrolling in some of the online test series held by coaching institutes (I guess Fiitjee has started online AITS,dont know about other coaching institute)
• Studying in front of your computer table(in a chair) with the computer off for atleast 3 hrs in a day(This will help you to sit for 3 long hours in a chair with limited movement).
• Solving a practice paper every Sunday Afternoon perhaps for 1 hr initially and then onwards gradually increasing the time as the exam comes close by(Afternoon slot is very crucial in JEE ,hence I would suggest you to try to write most of the exams in the afternoon,if you have time, then attempt both morning and afternoon).
• Solving papers online though you must not make it a habit and do it every alternate day as most of the online papers that you can avail,have bad paper standard and hence turns out to be a waste of time.
• Perhaps you can download a past Advanced paper(or even Mains as you will be needing for Mains as well) and solve that paper instead of solving a paper given by some online website.
All the best!
Is Prepsera up? Is it down? NO idea.
You guys tell…. Did you get a mail? If yes, awesome. If no, damn it.
Shifting web hosting is a tedious job and I don’t want to lose my website data. So, let me know